I can’t stop baking with tahini! Ever since I made the Thanksgiving-inspired tahini cranberry brownies I keep finding new ways to adapt them. Yes, these dairy free and grain free chocolate chip cookie sticks are actually an adaption from the brownie recipe because I’m awesome like that. Enjoy!
Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks
You can also make these into traditional chocolate chip cookies! The recipe makes 24 cookies. Using a small cookie scoop, place the batter onto the parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkle with coarse salt. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Yield: 24 cookie sticks 1x
- 1 cup raw/pure tahini (only ingredient should be sesame seeds)
- 6 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips (plus extra for the top of the cookies)
- coarse sea salt, optional topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f. and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the tahini, maple syrup, egg, vanilla extract, and baking soda. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into two long logs on the baking sheet and use a spatula to shape the dough. The dough will seem flat but it will puff up! If you want to bake it in a tin for thicker cookie sticks, that works too but bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and sprinkle the top with chocolate chips and some coarse sea salt. Slice into sticks on the baking sheet and set aside to cool.
- *if you would like a crunchier cookie, like a biscotti, slice the cookies and then place back in the oven for an additional 5-10 minutes.
Many of you have asked for tahini recommendations. The 2 options I use the most are Soom, which comes in a jar, and Mighty Sesame Co., which comes in a squeeze bottle. Make sure you shake the tahini before opening the package.