Here is a great hamantaschen dough that does not have to be refrigerated before you roll it out. I also love that you don’t need a stand mixer. Just a bowl and a spoon. This dough reminds me of a sugar cookie dough and it is very easy to handle. If you are looking for a richer shortbread-style hamantaschen dough, check out my rainbow hamantaschen for the recipe.Print
Easy Hamantaschen Dough
- Yield: 24 hamantaschen 1x
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f. and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix together the wet ingredients: egg, oil, sugar and vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt, and stir until a smooth dough is formed.
- Roll out the dough to around ¼ inch thick. Cut circles using a cookie cutter or a glass cup.
- Place 1 teaspoon of the filling in the center of the circles and pinch closed to form a triangle.
- Bake the hamantaschen for 10-12 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Serving Size: 24