This grain free cholent has so much flavor and texture, you won’t miss the barley and beans!! I love that I can eat a huge bowl of cholent without feeling bloated and this recipe is great for Passover too. Who doesn’t love a cholent you can eat all year long?!? PS. You seriously must add the kabocha squash because it mimics a potato and makes the cholent thicker. If you don’t know how to pronounce “kabocha”, check out this hilarious video and let me know how you say it!Print
Grain Free Cholent
- 1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat
- 3 cups cubed kabocha squash (keep the skin on)
- 2 cups cubed turnips
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp sugar free ketchup (or 1 Tbsp regular ketchup)
- 24 oz. low sodium beef, chicken or vegetable broth
- Place cubed turnips in bottom of crockpot then top with meat, kabocha squash and cauliflower rice.
- Sprinkle with salt, paprika, garlic powder and pepper then drizzle with ketchup.
- Pour broth over cholent, cover and cook on low for AT LEAST 8-10 hours.