Sometimes I post a picture on Instagram and I get so many requests for the recipe that I just HAVE to share it on my blog. Well, yeah, this is one of those recipes. Breakfast for dinner is my favorite! This is a great Lean and Green recipe that’s become a healthy staple for me.Print
Zucchini Mushroom Frittata
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup eggbeaters (or 4 egg whites)
- 1 cup chopped zucchini (from 1 large zucchini)
- 1/4 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup farmers cheese (or feta)
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large oven-safe saute pan over medium-high heat and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Add zucchini and mushrooms to the pan and saute for 5 minutes, until the zucchini are beginning to brown and the mushrooms have softened. Add salt and pepper and continue cooking for another minute.
- In the meantime, set your oven to broil.
- Whisk together the whole eggs and eggbeaters/egg whites. Lower the heat to medium-low and add the egg mixture. Cook the eggs for 5 minutes, until the eggs are beginning to set. Sprinkle with the farmers cheese and sliced tomatoes.
- Place the frittata in the oven under the broiler for 1 minute, until the eggs have set and the tomatoes have cooked slightly.
- Slide the frittata carefully onto your plate, sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy.
Take Shape For LifeÂ® compliant: 1 leaner protein, 3 greens, 3 condiments (1 condiment for salt and pepper and 2 condiments for the farmers cheese)
- Serving Size: 1