Beet Glazed Brisket
- 2–3 pounds 2nd cut brisket
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 medium cooked peeled beets (can buy ready-made beets), quartered
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine the mustard, paprika, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper in a small bowl until a thick paste has formed. Coat both sides of the brisket completely.
- Place the beets in the bottom of a 9×13 dish then top with the brisket. Cover the pan with foil and cook for 1 hour. Lower then temperature of the oven to 225 degrees F. and cook for 3-4 more hours.
- Remove brisket and allow to cool before slicing. If shredding, have at it while the brisket is still warm! Serve with the cooked beets and pan juices.
- This brisket freezes very well. Just place the beets on top of the brisket before wrapping in foil to freeze.