Pomegranate BBQ Chicken
- 2 whole roaster chickens, butterflied (backbone removed)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
Pomegranate BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup pomegranate molasses (or pomegranate concentrate)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the temperature to low and simmer the sauce for 30-40 minutes, until thick.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- While the sauce is reducing, prepare the chickens by drizzling with olive oil and sprinkling with salt and pepper. Place the chickens on a baking sheet. Bake the chickens for 20 minutes.
- When the sauce is ready, brush liberally on the partially cooked chickens then place them back in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove the chickens and brush with more sauce. Serve with pomegranate seeds and apple slices.