This post has been a VERY long time coming! I’ve been reading fantasy books since 2006. Yes, I know the year because it all began with a series you all know…The Twilight Saga!
That’s right, it all began with a book about teenage vampires.
My co-worker insisted I give it a shot and I was hooked! It was the series I didn’t know I needed in my life and it opened my eyes to an entire genre I didn’t know existed. I have to admit, before reading Twilight, I wasn’t much of a reader. I read the occasional book a friend recommended and before that, it was whatever my teacher assigned.
I was into memoirs at one point and read everything Augusten Bouroughs wrote but that only lasted so long before I got bored and went back to reading magazines. That all changed after Twilight. I honestly can’t tell you the timeline of all the fantasy books I’ve read since (I wish I’d been keeping track on GoodReads) but I CAN share with you all my favorites and I would love for you to share your favorites in the comments section below.
- The Twilight Saga, Stephenie Meyer
- The Vampire Chronicles Series, Anne Rice
- The Lunar Chronicles, by Merissa Meyer
- The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins
- Divergent, Veronica Roth
- Throne of Glass, Sarah J. Maas
- A Court of Thorns and Roses, Sarah J. Maas
- Chronicles of the One, Nora Roberts
- All Souls Trilogy (A Discovery of Witches), Deborah Harkness
- Outlander, Diana Gabaldon
- Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling
- The Red Queen, Victoria Aveyard
- The Night Circus, Erin Morgenstern
- Shades of Magic, V.E. Schwab