I’ve been reading fantasy books since 2006. Yes, I know the year because it all began with a series you all know…The Twilight Saga!
That’s right, it all began with a book about teenage vampires.
My co-worker insisted I give it a shot and I was hooked! It was the series I didn’t know I needed in my life and it opened my eyes to an entire genre I didn’t know existed. I have to admit, before reading Twilight, I wasn’t much of a reader. I read the occasional book a friend recommended and before that, it was whatever my teacher assigned.
I was into memoirs at one point and read everything Augusten Bouroughs wrote but that only lasted so long before I got bored and went back to reading magazines. That all changed after Twilight. I honestly can’t tell you the timeline of all the fantasy books I’ve read since (I wish I’d been keeping track on GoodReads) but I CAN share with you all my favorites. Click on the books to order on Amazon and let me know what books you read and love!
- CURRENTLY READING: The Temeraire Series, Naomi Novik (9 books)
- CURRENTLY READING: The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue, V.E. Schwab (1 book)
- The Sisters of the Winter Wood, Rena Rossner (1 book)
- Spinning Silver, Naomi Novik (1 book)
- Uprooted, Naomi Novik (1 book)
- Chaos Walking, Patrick Ness (3 books)
- The Twilight Saga, Stephenie Meyer (3 books)
- The Vampire Chronicles Series, Anne Rice (7 books)
- The Lunar Chronicles, by Merissa Meyer (6 books)
- The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins (3 books)
- Divergent, Veronica Roth (3 books)
- Throne of Glass, Sarah J. Maas (8 books)
- A Court of Thorns and Roses, Sarah J. Maas (3 books)
- Chronicles of the One, Nora Roberts (3 books)
- All Souls Trilogy (A Discovery of Witches), Deborah Harkness (3 books)
- Outlander, Diana Gabaldon (8 books…so far)
- Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling (7 books)
- The Red Queen, Victoria Aveyard (4 books)
- The Night Circus, Erin Morgenstern (1 book)
- Shades of Magic, V.E. Schwab (3 books)
- Graceling Realm, Kristen Cashore (3 books)